Hey everyone! Who wants a deliciously easy recipe to whip up for dinner tonight!? We’ve got just the thing!
Travel is one of our biggest passions in life — in fact we have built up many aspects of our lifestyle around the aim of travelling as much as possible. We have seen so many beautiful parts of the world, and the ‘to-see’ list is never ending! Our travels often inspire our cooking when we get home, and we believe that any dish can be made healthy. Soups are a component of our 21 Day Detox Guide, so we are always experimenting with new recipes. This is one of our Asian-inspired noodle dishes (with a few team M&S tweaks to give it some extra health points!).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 piece of ginger, peeled and grated (about 3cm x 3cm in size)
- 4 garlic gloves, fined chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1L boiling water (plus extra for preparing noodles)
- 100g Enoki mushrooms (these are awesome because they look like noodles and add heaps of flavour!)
- 100g wholegrain vermicelli noodles
- 3 bunches bok choy
- 10 frozen vegetarian dumplings (gluten-free and organic are best!)
- Fresh coriander (to serve)
- Heat the olive oil and soy sauce in a large soup pot over a medium heat.
- Once the mixture is simmering, add the garlic, ginger and chili and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles by putting them in a separate bowl with boiling water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, bok choy and dumplings and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pot and remove from the heat.
- Serve in large noodle bowls with plenty of coriander on top.
The star of this dish is definitely the Enoki mushroom! We have even made this soup without the noodles and instead added more Enoki mushrooms. They have lots of fiber and minerals so they pack an extra health punch. We hope you enjoy this dish and it takes you to some place more exotic 😉
Mike & Suz